This is a summary of our privacy notice and this summarises how we collect, use and protect your data.
Our policy comprises of the following:
- What we are
- Your data officer
- What is personal data
- The principles of data protection
- How we use your data
- The data we collect from you
- When and how we share your personal data, if necessary
- Transfer of your personal data to other when necessary
- The security of you personal data
- Storage of your data
- Your rights under the GDPR
- Future updates to our privacy notice.
- What we represent
We are a firm of Solicitors providing legal services. We are trading under the name of A. Vincent Solicitors Limited, and situated at 1 C Woolwich New Road. Our office telephone number is 020 8316 5858.Our general office email is: info@avincent solicitors.co.uk
- Data Officer
Our data protection officer is Mr O A Ebuzoeme. His email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your complaint first to him and if you are not satisfied, you then make an external complaint to Information Commissioners Officer, using their website (www.ico.org.uk).
- What are your personal information?
These are individual information or documents that can identify you or contain your details. This includes your name, address, phone number, bank account details and so on. The list is non-exhaustive.
- What are the data principles?
This sets out your personal information which the law requires us to protect
and use lawfully and transparently.
- Your information is collected lawfully subject to explanation to you and we shall avoid incompatible use of them.
- Information must be relevant to the purposes for which we sought or collect it
- Your information must be accurate and up-to-date, kept for reasonable period and kept securely.
- The use we make of your information or document.
Your information and documents are to be used within the law and in the following situations:
- When we need to carry out contractual obligations we agreed with you.
- When we are required to carry out legal agreement with you.
- Where we are under a statutory duty to disclose your personal data to a 3rd party such as court, government agency and others.
- Your personal data will include the following:
- Personal details such as name, address, date of birth, phone numbers, email address etc.
- Confirmation of your gender
- Confirmation of your nationality
- Work history, where applicable
- Financial information, including bank account details and or on occasions bank card details
- Your health or that of your family where necessary
Disclosure of previous convictions or your good character
The list above is not exhaustive.
- Sharing your data with 3rd parties, where necessary
This may include the following:
- Our service providers such as those providing IT services to us
- Law enforcement agencies
- Professional bodies such as our regulators
- Your employer or sponsor
- Sharing of your data with others outside the UK
Highly unlike but if we have to, we shall seek your consent in advance or discuss this with you.
We have a backup system to prevent an accidental lost of data, unauthorised access by former employees, agents or third parties, subject to our duty of confidentiality.
- Storage and retention of data
We shall retain your personal data for a reasonable period, depending on the type, nature and sensitivity of the data. Please contact us immediately if your circumstances changes, so that we can update the information we have of you.
- You have a right as a data subject
Subject to certain circumstances you have the right to request access to your personal data (this is known as subject access request), request correction of information we hold about you, request deletion of incorrect information, object to processing of your information (subject to our legitimate interest and or that of a 3rd party) and transfer of your personal data to another party.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. We may require a fee and we may require you to specify the information or document you are require.
- Your right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data at any time. Please contact us using the contact details above.
We reserve our rights to make changes to this policy. We shall inform you when we update the policy significantly